Tuesday, March 22, 2011

*shuffles feet*

*looks at ground and begins mumbling*

So.  First let's start with this.  I'm incredibly gutted with myself.   Due to a myriad of reasons, the major one being an incredibly stressful personal situation, I found myself turning to an old friend.  An old friend who, in my delusion, I thought would relax me, and give me clarity of vision.   I think you might know where this is heading.  I have, ahem, new found reason to blog again. 

Yes.  I know.  Disappointing, weak, paaaaaathetic etc.  I consider this merely a blip on the road of quitting smoking - and intend to get, spurs, ten gallon hat and all, back on that horse very very shortly.   I'm aware of the praise and heartfelt messages I've been receiving from my wonderful friends and family, and how you're all likely shaking your heads in disgust.  Trust me - I've disgusted and disappointed myself just as much.

So yeah.  Watch this space.  I need to go and confess all to my GP and get a new script for Champix - as you need to start on the half strength pills again.  I think finishing Champix early, combined with my above shite, may have been my undoing.  Oh, and the earthquake played a part too. 

Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh no!!!!!! I didn't visit last night,as have lost my voice. Trust me, if I was smoking it would be EVEN worse. Think of winter colds to come Jo, the good things you'll do for your health by getting back on the horse, Yes - just do it. Ohhhh, Tom just told me to read your blog. You'd updated. He was referring to my croaky lost voice, my sounding like, in my boss's words on the phone this morning ("You sound like you've been smoking a pack a day for 50 years.....") - and your lapse. Arghhhhhh!!! talk soon! :((((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hon at least your honest.... and christ your someone trying to give up one of the most addictive things on this planet... (aside from lolly cake)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete