Monday, February 28, 2011

Rocky Times

I keep restarting this blog because there's too much I want to say, not enough ways to say it, and really, all things considered, it's not exactly important whether I'm smoking or NOT at the moment.

So will bullet point - keep snappy, short and relevant to topic on hand.

  • Although have been SORELY tempted in last 5 days, have not and will not smoke.  It was 5 weeks on Sunday since my last cigarette (or is it 6?  brain is addled)....
  • Have experienced a few issues with Champix's much touted primary side affect, The Rage - when that happens, will only take one pill the next day.  Fortunately the only victim of The Rage has been The Husband - who really, when one thinks about it - brings it on himself
  • Household has doubled in size since last Wednesday - we're fortunate enough to be able to host the McGregor family from Christchurch.  Girl child quota - DOUBLED!  Workaholic husbands - TWOFOLD!  Semi-alcoholic housewife - CLONED!  With that, the noise has doubled, our recycling bin is moaning with the extra fortified glass rubbish items, and my husband has FINALLY conceded it's time to prioritise the Kitchen Upgrade, as while it's fine with one person cooking, and 4 people's food, yeah - it's not coping so well with the extra volume.

There's been MANY laughs, a few tears, and the girls have coped well, all things considered.  The fights are declining, and the AWWWWW moments are by far outnumbering the "FAAAARKKKK MUMMIES NEEDS WINE, STAT" times....

For those that haven't and are possibly overseas, here's a link to the Christchurch earthquake donation fund:

http://www.redcross.org.nz/donate

3 comments:

  1. Amanda here Jo forgot to add all home-baking gratefully accepted or if you are a busy working mother bottles of alcohol will suffice.

    Many thanks from Jo and Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    Thought I'd better catch up with yer blog, see if you still non-smoking Jo, and yay, you still are. I took your sage advice last Sat nite when two friends over, drinking (them) and me knowing if I drank, I WOULD want to smoke. Anyway, to cut a long story short, they heard all my old smoking-butt stories etc, as has T borne the brunt of much rage, but I am now officially a non-smoking drinker. (Past quitting efforts have always relied on non-smoking, non-drinking.) This time, it's gorging oneself with food, social drinking with non-smokers permitted, oh my God I am getting so FAT already. My guts looks pregnant. Constipation by Day 2 and then through the sheer need for all that junk to exit, we crossed that hurdle, and I hatched the plan to start running. So far two runs. Tonight my boobs (nicely, have gotten fatter along with the fat rest of me) hurt when I ran. My chest is throbbing though. My skin has exploded. Last week, all the rage of Andy in the Mask in your hilarious 'Andy Goes Cold Turkey' blog. Me last week, cold turkey - I swear, the rage is REAL!!!!!!!! See you guys tomorrow. Fancy that, Mum now has 4/4 NON-SMOKERS!!!!!!! (Or 3 'Starters' and one 'Non-Smoker' - as a website I saw recently described the newly QUIT as......)

    Hope your expanded household is all good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add, last weekend was treated to Fleurs at Moeraki, aesthetically a gorgeous treat, but for the record, a horrible discovery. The sea smells RANK. All these years, I'd forgotten that smell. Rotten fish, salt, ughhhh. As does the whole of historic old Oamaru. The rediscovery of smell is just so strange, huh. And food, mmmmm. Food. All so good again...... I have eaten 90% of Tom's box of 35 blocks of fundraising Caramello since last Monday (he brought it home on Day 2 of my quitting!!!!!) - ahhhh I am about to owe over $100 in chocolate by next week!

    Smoking was a cheaper habit....... ;(

    ReplyDelete