Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Sun is Shining!

Don't worry - this isn't an evangelical post about a new life commencing because of the joys of not smoking - I'm just bloody stoked because we have a SUNNY DAY!  And of course, I'm still not smoking, which is great - we're on to day 9 of being non-smokers!

Haven't blogged for a couple of days, because the situation remained the same.  Appetite like grizzly bears coming out of hibernation - CHECK, increasing *ahem* moods - CHECK, but inclination to smoke - ZERO.

A couple of new ones cropping up now though - insomnia.  Yeah, I know I've said it hadn't really affected me, but two nights ago, and Murphy's Law, the night Andy had to get up at 3am to go to Sydney on one of his "Day Trips"*, we were both pretty much wide awake when his alarm went off.  Then I lay there listening to him shower and make his ablution noises - not in adoring wife manner, just to clarify, more in repulsed tired manner - and at 4am, I *think* I got to sleep.  Just so I could get an hour and a bit before Holly stormed the bedroom and announced in her dulcet** tones "It's my FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!"... Anyway, remembering my wise friend Karly's advice to TAKE ALL PILLS OF WEEKS 3 - 4, I just took my pill last night at 5pm, and had a normal night's sleep.  Unfortunately for Andy his flight was delayed at he only got home at 5am, so we're all sneaking round as quiet as we can.  Which for the girls, is not so quiet.

And my dreams the last 3 nights have all been the same.  Andy is smoking again  And rather than being jealous, of smoking myself in my dream, I am STOKED!  I feel so righteous, and judgemental - every time I tell him I get an extra $110 a week to buy more clothes.  I hope it's a premonition.  That'd be awesome, hehe.... KIDDING, his health is important, blah blah blah...

Speaking of Andy and smokes, we actually have, in our possession, a carton of smokes.  He bought one back from Sydney for a friend of ours, but it couldn't interest me less.  But surprised to see cartons are still at $56 for 10 packets, so jaysus!  Duty free smokes are a super bargain, compared to the $142 it would cost to buy them in shops.

Ok, dog to drop for his bi-annual grooming, child to drop off for her second day of school, busy BUSY day!

* Andy's "day trips" involve getting up at 3am, driving to Christchurch, flying to Sydney, having a normal day of meetings, before returning home at 3am the following morning.  Without sleeping.  Tis mad - MAD I tell you!

** Holly has the loudest voice in the world.  I refuse to believe any parent who says they have a louder child.  I have barely any hearing left at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment