Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nom Nom Nom Nom

Food.  Fuck I love food.  Spicy food.  Sweet Food.  Soft food.  Hard Food.  Glorious, GLORIOUS food.

*burps*

So I guess I can check off another side effect from Champix - and unless you're a moron, you'd correctly be able to guess INCREASED APPETITE.  I figured this out, cleverly, myself, whilst shaving my legs in the shower this morning.  Instead of normal train of thought "Oh, HEY, look at THAT, I must have missed that stripe down back of yonder leg, it's like a MAN'S pubes" as I empty the razor, I find my mind wandering to "What shall I cook for LUNCH??"... Itself a weird thing - COOK at LUNCH????  Lunch traditionally here is fruit, yoghurt and a sandwich for the girls, and a sandwich or toast for me and Andy.  On a good day, I might go totally mad and open a can of baked beans. 

Today was FRIED (in blobs of butter) onion and sausages, wrapped in thick WHITE bread, and drizzled with tomato sauce.  Clearly not gourmet, but still.  I COOKED courtesy of my shower craving up there ^^  - possibly my legs resembled sausages, and when I made a small cut of distraction, the sauce, but SERIOUSLY... All I can think of at the moment is FOOD.  Even typing this, I'm mulling over whether to get green or red curry for tea.  I'm actually quite pissed of at myself for blogging as every keystroke is taking one more second of the ETA of my Thai dinner.

So, one final thing before racing to the phone and dialling my friendly Thai delivery lady - had friend round before with bottle of wine  (also might explain manic post), and she's a smoker.  Sat outside with her while she smoked.  Felt ambivalent - actually, felt a bit sorry for her, in manner of Reformed Superior Non-Smoker.  Tried talking to her about Champix.  Got frown, and admission she will give up "One Day".  Had no desire to punch her person, and steal her smokes.   So... Yeah... Don't think I even really need to be blogging much longer, as this is a done deal - if I'm gonna smoke, it'll be after wine - and I passed that test.  She's coming back later with bottle 2 and 3 (after my children are in bed, and Thai has been eaten - I told her unlike a normal night, I won't forgo dinner, and she's not welcome till I've eaten, hehe).... and I still know I won't smoke.  Odd.  Comforting but odd.  Smoking Jo is dying a quick death eh?  Non-Smoking Jo doesn't have that ring to it.  Need new nickname.  Stat.

Oh and I've passed 1000 views!  Hoooraaay!  Thanks READERS!

1 comment: