Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Annnnnnd Day 2 almost at an end

I'm not gonna lie, today's been harder than yesterday.  The "rush" of giving up has faded a bit, and the urges have been a tad stronger - that said, we're both still smokefree and resolute we're non-smokers for life.  But yes.  I've been keeping myself extra busy today - lawn mowing, heaps of housework and play with the girls, even preparing Gourmet Meals (Andy reckons that aspect of it's FANTASTIC - instead of normal old fried 4 minutes a side steak, tonight's steak was marinated in a garlic mix, wrapped in bacon, seared, then baked in oven, LOL, with two kinds of potato... A Busy Cook is a Non-Smoking Cook...

My eldest sister was here earlier (she's a smoker too, but she left her smokes in her car, so as to keep me from tackling her, etc, not that I would, but she was concerned for her safety), and I was explaining to her the difference in mindset using Champix over cold turkey.  In past attempts, I've viewed it as each minute/hour/day as "Time Since I Smoked".  But in the back of my mind was this secret voice that whispered "Because once you've given up for a sufficiently respectable time frame, you can smoke socially at the very least"... And I'd literally hang out for that - be it a week, two weeks, one amazing time SIX weeks - before we decided we'd become Social Smokers Only.  Unfortunately, we then became Alcoholic Smokers - as we'd drink most nights, in order to pander to our Social Smoking Habit.  So we cut the booze, and went fulltime on the smokes again - for health reasons, obviously.

This time, I know it's it.  It's just when that little voice says "When can we smoke again?", I feel a touch sick, and it passes within a couple of (GRUMPYFUCKFUCKFUCK) minutes, rather than a whole-day obsession.  All in all, things are going well.  No smokes - no murders - no divorce lawyers phoned - and I look forward to tomorrow being a non-smoking day as well.

Am happy,  95% happy.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep it up and remember that positive thought: I am a non-smoker and that you have QUIT not given up!! I really think the first couple of weeks you should "treat" yourself to something from the money saved. Everyone who knows you is hugely proud and if your girls were old enough to understand they would be too - way to go!!

    ReplyDelete