Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another day closer...

Day 5's pills in gullet... I look at the packet and see that Days 1 - 7 (when you're meant to "smoke as normal") are white.  Days 8 - 14 are blue.  Am almost excited about switching to a blue pill - which is likely more indicative of a sad life rather than a statement on the effects of taking my first real Mind Altering Pill. 

Although - they ARE altering my perception of smoking.  While today I've not smoked particularly less, about every third smoke has that taste (and again, only smokers will relate) of a Hangover Smoke.  And when that happens, I stub it out.  Only every third smoke, mind - not enough for me to stop earlier than Champix recommends, hehe...

So I MUST do another smoking confession - after copping out yesterday.  It's TEETH time now.  I have yellowed teeth.  Not in manner of bad English septuagenarian, more like someone who has drunk too many coffees and smoked for the last 20 years.  I'm a graphic designer by profession - so when Facebook came along, for a while, I'd whiten my teeth - strictly for old school/university friends, and for some cool Mums I've met off a parenting website.  It was only one day when my older (and sometimes wiser) sister actually almost wet herself laughing on the phone (I'd apparently over-whitened my teeth) and mocked me, did I stop doing it.   Bit ridiculous (and yes, I'm sure you're all saying WHY-THE-FUCK-IS-SHE-CONFESSING-THIS-MAKE-HER-STOP-JESUSCHRIST), but I'm just saying - smoking has taken it's toll.... And it's the very very VERY First thing I'm shouting myself - a proper teeth whitening treatment, from an actual dentist - once we've successfully given up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh and for the record, that profile pic over there >> has NON-WHITENED teeth... LOL.. This blog is warts and all... (Not that I have warts on my face YET, but you get the point...)

    ReplyDelete